Friday 15 March 2013

Little Monsters!

What a 'monstrous' week my Preppies have had!  One of our Letterland characters this week was Munching Mike (a purple monster), so we did a super cute directed drawing to make our own little monsters.  I grabbed the idea from Mrs. Jump.  We painted them with watercolours today and I'm so pleased with how they turned out.

This was my effort!
This is Mumford - drawn by one of my Jakes. (I have 3!)
We also worked through 'The Day a Monster Came to School' - a freebie unit written by Kathleen at Growing Kinders.  I'd mentioned in a previous post that I had planned this into my week - but I was over the moon with how the kids responded.  They loved it!  We organised the cards into above/below the line and bottom line behaviours to display on the wall.  I've been pleased to hear my Preppies referring to it this week and trying hard to stay 'above the line'!  


All of these monster activities together with our Dippy Duck Disco this afternoon left the kidlets and I completely exhausted.  I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend to get me ready for another week with my 'Little Monsters'. :)

Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by!