Thursday 11 July 2013

Liebster Award Love

Wow!  I took a blogging hiatus and came back to find that 3 lovely bloggers have nominated me for the Liebster Award for up and coming bloggers!  Thanks for the love Paula @ Paula's Place, Kylie @ Miss Smartie Pants and Bec @ Books, Bugs and Boxes. :)  




To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator. (Because Paula was first I'll answer hers.)
4. Share 11 random facts about myself.
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them.


Here's my nominations:

Casey @ Lifelong Learners in Prep
Stef @ Miss Galvin Learns
Allison @ Little Leaps of Learning
Becky @ Musings from the Foreign Teacher
Elyse @ Sweethearts and Mr. Moos
Miss Wilson @ Twenty-something Teacher Tales

Please check these girls out, their blogs are super cute. :)

Here's my answers to Paula's nomination questions:

1. What are you reading at the moment?
My favourite Australian author is Liane Moriarty, and her book Three Wishes is amazing.  I'm re-reading it (for about the millionth time!) at the moment.  Do yourself a favour, buy it from Amazon and read it!

2. What is your fav sport to watch?
It would have to be rugby league I guess.   I'm not a super keen sports fan, but if the footy is on I'm happy to watch it.  I do know all the rules (my Mum is a fan!), so I can make intelligent comments on the game! 

3. How long have you been teaching?
This is my tenth year - I can't believe it! :)

4. Who do you aspire to be?
I aspire to be the teacher my school kidlets look back on as someone who inspired them to be creative, inquisitive and unique.  

5. The place that relaxes you?
I always feel totally relaxed when I am with Chris.  I just came home from 2 weeks in Canada with him, and it's amazing how re-energized I feel after being with him.  When we're apart, I love to walk to the beach and spend some time in the sun, watching the waves.

6. A piece of clothing you cannot do without is ....
I live in jeans.  The Sophia cut from Guess are my go-to pair.

7. Your fav place to shop?
I do love to shop, so this is a tricky one. I love Forever New for special, sparkly things, Target for basics and Lovisa for accessories.

8. Something that you wish you had in your classroom?
More space!!! I'd love to have learning areas that allowed the kidlets to spread out and learn in the way that is most comfortable for them, but my oddly shaped classroom means that a desk area and carpet space are as good as it gets.

9. A beauty product you cannot live without?
Mentha lip gloss - minty, shiny and comes in a heap of different colours!

10. What music are you listening to in your car?
I constantly change between radio stations - I get bored halfway through most songs so I change to something I can sing along with. 

11. Blogging makes me feel.......
Like I'm part of a supportive and creative community that stretches all over the world. :)

11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I'm a lefty.
2. I love trashy reality TV.
3. I am a master procrastinator.
4. When I hang washing on the line, the pegs have to match.
5. My guilty dinner option is a Quarter Pounder with extra pickles from Maccas.
6. I don't eat food that I have decided is weird... there's no rhyme or reason to what I decide I won't eat!
7. I have an awesome DVD collection.
8. I would consider myself an introvert - I get my energy from time to myself.
9. Blog-hopping on a Saturday morning is my favourite part of the week.
10. I have a nephew called Mack, he's almost 4.
11. If I wasn't a teacher, I would love to be a midwife.

Questions for the bloggers I nominated:
1. Why did you decide to become a teacher?
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
3. What is your favourite food?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Pepsi or Coke?
7. How do you relax after a tough day at school?
8. Can you do a handstand?
9. What would your perfect day at school involve?
10. Which website do you have to check daily?
11. What is your middle name?

Thanks again to the lovely bloggers who nominated me for the Liebster.  I hope you enjoyed a learning a little but more about me.  :)

Lauren

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren! Congrats on your nominations! I just found your blog. It was so much fun to "meet" you through your answers! I am a lefty, too. :)
    I'd love you to stop over and visit my blog if you get a chance!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!