Saturday 24 August 2013

Five for Friday! 24/08/13

I'm so glad that I remembered to take some photos this week so I could link up with Doodle Bugs.  Last week I felt super left out - like everyone else had been to a great party and no one invited me. :)


1. Winter in Queensland is absolutely gorgeous.  We have had sunshine and warm weather for the past few weeks, perfect for beach walks!  I took these photos last Sunday, and it's looking like this weekend will be even nicer.  As soon as I finish this post I'm off for a walk to enjoy the sun. :)



2. We had a busy week at school this week, starting on Monday with our Athletics Day.  After all the fun and competition, these were the faithful few of my class who stayed 'til the end of the day. Needless to say, we had a quiet afternoon!  


3.  We celebrated Book Week on Thursday with a costume parade.  Everyone came dressed as their favourite book character.  The Prep team combined to become the gang from Alice in Wonderland - we had Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts, the White Rabbit and the Cheshire Cat.  Here's me (as Alice) with a leopard and Wally. :)


4. My kidlets have been learning about the digraph 'sh' and yesterday we drew some cute sheep and painted them with watercolours.  I love directed drawing activities because every child can be successful while still creating unique work.  It's always amazing that the animals or characters they draw show so much of their own personality, even without their names you can tell who drew each sheep. :)


5. Two lovely surprises for me yesterday: the boss provided us all with a yummy morning tea and a 'thank you for your hard work' note and one of my kidlets brought me a big bunch of sunny yellow daffodils and an 'I love you' card.  After having them in the classroom all day I think it might be nice to have a colourful bunch of flowers on display all the time!


Happy Weekend everyone!  Thanks for stopping by. :)

Lauren











10 comments:

  1. I love those sheep! I am a bit jealous of the weather - after it has been so nice in Sydney, we have had a cold snap this week. I guess I shouldnt complain - it still is winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too much more of Winter! It's been quite cold overnight and early morning here, but when the sun gets going it has been absolutely gorgeous. Just wait, in a few weeks I'll be complaining of the heat! :)

      Bought a pack of yours in the TpT sale that I can't wait to prep and use. My kidlets love your Word Family Racers!

      Delete
  2. I loved looking at your pictures of the beach {oh, how I wish I was at the beach}! I am your newest follower and am also pretty new to blogging. I can't wait to read more post and see how education is different in another country. If you get a chance I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie,

      Thanks for following! You will love blogging! I love to see how things are similar and different in classrooms around the world, too. :)

      Lauren

      Delete
  3. I love the sheep, so cute! I am so jealous of the sunshine you are having! We are seeing the sun for the first time in a few days here in Tassie, even when the sun is out it is still really chilly with snow on the mountain, so still got the winter woollies on here.

    Thanks for sharing your week

    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to visit Tassie! All the pics I see make it look just gorgeous. We'll be complaining of the heat here soon. :)

      Delete
  4. Love your Alice outfit. We have had a terrible week of weather here in Vic -so jealous
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula! The dress was my teaching partner's engagement dress from 1982! :)

      Delete
  5. really like your beach pics! thank you for sharing, Paula @ educatingchildrenwithdisabilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!