Monday 12 August 2013

Ouch Stories!

Last week, we wrote some super cute 'Ouch!' stories in our Writing Project group time. It seems that getting some kidlets excited to write is a never-ending battle, while some are so keen to get their ideas down on paper that they jump at any opportunity to pick up their pencil.  This activity was perfect for both of those groups, it gave the less enthusiastic authors great motivation and was a creative outlet for those who love to write. And of course, the illustration involving a bandaid person is pretty cute!

We spoke about the types of events that might deserve an ouch story, and I modelled my own for them.  We also practised acting out what we would do and say when we are hurt.  By the time it came around to independent writing, all of my kidlets were super excited to write their story! 

I fell on the road.  Ouch! I hurt my knee.

I was on my bike and I scraped my body.

I fell off my bike and I hurt my head.

I was going to the trampoline and I fell on a rock.  Something big came on my foot and it was a big pain and it really hurt my foot.

Now I know this isn't my original idea, but there's so many pins to many different sources that I couldn't figure out who thought of it first.  :)

I hope everyone's having a terrific week! 

Lauren


6 comments:

  1. Who cares who's idea it was...you did it and now it's yours. You have inspired me and I am going to write ouch stories with my Little Learners. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,

      Glad you can use this idea! I'd love to see how yours turn out.

      Lauren :)

      Delete
  2. I'd forgotten about this one Lauren! I may have to use this for our journal writing piece. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bec!

      I'd had this one in mind to use for a while, mainly because the little bandaid pictures are so cute!!

      Delete
  3. Cool, I might try this one too. Is there a picture book that you read first as a stimulus??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had been reading a few books where the characters were having a bad day - 'Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day' and 'Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild' etc. - which led into some talking about things that can happen to make our day bad. Lots of the ideas focussed on getting hurt, so I decided to take advantage of that and do the 'Ouch!' stories. :)

      Delete

Thanks for popping by!