Wednesday 7 August 2013

Some Rotten Bananas for your Cheeky Monkeys!

Hi all!  Wow - this week has just flown by!  I have a camera full of cute photos and a heap of posts that I want to share, but it seems that just when I think I've got a spare moment to blog another task adds itself to my to-do list.  I'm hoping that on the weekend I'll have time to catch my breath and catch up with sharing some ideas with you all.

My cheeky Prep monkeys love playing games to learn and remember their sight words.  One of their favourites is called 'Rotten Bananas'.  It's a simple card game - kidlets draw a card from the playing pile, looking for yellow bananas.  If they can read the word, they keep it.  If they are lucky enough to draw a bunch of bananas they keep this as a 'freebie'.  Rotten banana cards are the ones to look out for - these bad boys mean all of their cards go back to the bottom of the pile!  The cheeky monkey with the most yellow banana cards at the end of the game is the winner.  

I've played this game in my classroom for years, but this week gave it a bit of a facelift and added the Dolch Pre-Primer, Primer and First Grade versions to my TpT store. This version is definitely nicer than the shabby old cards I had stored in an old yoghurt container! :)

Pre-Primer

Primer

First Grade

I hope y'all are having a wonderful week with your cheeky monkeys!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by!