Monday 23 December 2013

13 in 13 - A looking-back linky!

Summer vacation sure is empty of blogging inspiration... who wants to hear about my days sleeping in late and then walking on the beach? :)  Luckily, Kristin (a Teeny Tiny Teacher) is hosting a clever linky along with a few of her friends to help us all look back on 2013.


So without further ado, here's my 13 in 13!

I had a good long think about this... but I think I'd have to say my Steve Madden boots.  I saw a similar pair in 2012 that I didn't buy and had always regretted it - so I had to have these!


Coming in close second would be my Equator tights from TNA at Aritzia.  I don't even know what I wore around the house before these... shorts? Sweats? Who knows.  I love these so much that I bulk buy them when I'm in Canada. :)

Oh gosh, I really can't even remember going to the movies in 2013! Chris and I went to see Despicable Me 2 when I went to visit him, so maybe that one wins purely on sentimental grounds.



I am a reality TV tragic.  Seriously.  Real Housewives (of anywhere!), Toddlers and Tiaras, Say Yes to the Dress... the list could go on and on!  But this year, we had out very first Australian Bachelor! I'm so proud of us!



Earls.  It's my lovebird's and my favourite place.  I think it's because we had our very first dinner out there, and then it was our go-to restaurant after long shifts at work.  In 2013 we only went there a few times but it's still my fave.   If you're ever there, try the cajun chicken sandwich. :)



I think it would have to be creating and selling on TpT.  I was super nervous when I posted my first product... and then I waited anxiously to see if anyone would buy it!  Flash forward quite a few months, and I am very proud of my little store.  I am so appreciative to all of those TpT sellers who I have bought products from so I am very hopeful that I can help out in someone else's classroom the way that so many others have helped out in mine.


Just last week my best friend gave me a 365 journal - she predicts that 2014 will be a big year for me. :) I'm planning to start it on the 1st January - although you can start them anytime because the pages are numbered, not dated.  (It just so happens that I gave her the same gift... great minds think alike!)


I gave her the mint coloured one, and mine is the pink polka dot number.

Honestly... this is like asking me to choose my favourite student! I just spent a good 20 minutes looking at my Pinterest profile, and I absolutely cannot choose a favourite pin.  I will, however, choose my favourite boards!

Just to make you smile... - A collection of thinks that tickle my funny bone. 
Beautiful things... - Images that make my heart feel full.
Quotes... - Gotta love the power of words.

Come and follow me so I can follow you back! 

This one is tricky, too!  I must admit that I do like a bit of self-reflection, so my 10 Things I've Learned from Teaching entry was great for thinking about just how much my choice of career has influenced my life. :)

This year I was most proud of the time, energy and love I poured into my classroom and my kidlets.  Every week I was really focused on making sure that everything I planned was engaging, relevant and differentiated... Of course I had lots of successes and some failures, but I do feel that this year I was the best teacher that I have ever been.  Can you hear that, it's me tooting my own horn. Toot!  But seriously, I guess with experience comes a few tricks. :)



Chris and I did a road trip from Calgary to Summerland to visit my cousin and his wife in the Canadian Summer.  Those 4 days were magic. Sun, time with my lovebird, no alarm clocks, no work... it was perfect!  Plus, the scenery - AMAZING!


In this photo we were at Quail's Gate winery in the Okanagon.  

Ugh... I'm hopeless at goal setting!  Can my goal just be happiness?



There you have it, friends.  My 13 in 13.  Go link up and share yours, too!

Lauren













2 comments:

  1. My goal for 2014 is to open up a TpT store, so your new thing is quite inspiring!

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice would be to take it slowly and create things that you are proud of. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for popping by!