Go on, link up with Doodle Bugs - you know you want to!
1. My Preppies' favourite activity this term has been 'Sound Box Hop' - otherwise known as Elkonin boxes made of electrical tape on the carpet! We hop, step and jump our way through CVC words to streeeeetch them out and hear the individual sounds. Sometimes we just jump into one box to show if a particular sound is at the beginning, in the middle or at the end of a word. Lots of fun and awesome for those sweeties who can't sit still!
2. This week we learnt about the letter 'l' and made cute ladybugs on leaves, using a few paper circles and a black marker. I love how they turned out (but please ignore the gross powerpoint panel right in the middle of the pinboard!).
3. Inspired by Reagan's 2D desserts, we made a simple version to revise 2D shape names. This was such a simple and effective idea - the kidlets had lots of fun building their ice creams!
4. I arrived home on Tuesday afternoon to this box on my doorstep...
...and I opened it to find this gorgeous Cyclamen in a cute watering can pot. Organised by my Canadian lovebird to go in my new 'garden' on the patio. <3
5. I went to see 'Iron Man 3' tonight... if you like movies where almost everything in them gets blown up, then you should go and see it too!
Happy weekend everyone!