Thursday 19 June 2014

Teacher Tip Thursday!

I'm feeling very sentimental as I write this post.  Tomorrow morning, my blog is getting a makeover!  I am super duper excited about the custom design that you'll be seeing... but for some reason I feel sad that the design that has been with me my whole blogging journey will be gone.  When I started blogging almost 2 years ago I never would have imagined the wonderful way my life would change.  Suddenly I was connected to other teachers all over the world, a whole new universe of classroom ideas and teaching tricks would be opened up to me, I'd begin to take myself as a professional much more seriously - but most of all I would make some lovely friends that I can chat to and feel supported by.  As I was thinking all of this I saw today's post on The Teaching Tribune - Teacher Tip Thursday - and started feeling all sentimental about my teaching journey, too.

In today's linky our job was to provide a 'Teaching Tip' via a quote.  I immediately thought of these words that come to my mind often throughout the day:


I googled Rex Hudler and apparently he was a baseball player who said this quote during a Sports Illustrated interview. :)  Not sure why, but his words (since I read them on Pinterest!) have really stuck with me.  When I'm being cranky with a kidlet who is only little and learning... Be a fountain, not a drain.  When I am asked to take on something extra at school... Be a fountain, not a drain.  When one of my treasures want to tell me a story during a busy time... Be a fountain, not a drain.  And on and on.

Out of all of the literally hundreds of quotes that I have pinned and collected over the years this one has made the most impact. Maybe because it is simple and easy to bring to mind... maybe because it is something that I need to remember often.

Hope that it it sticks with you too. And as I link up today and see my paper doll button amongst the others I will think of the fountain in my life who made it for me (my gorgeous lovebird) and the way that blogging has been a fountain of love, laughter and learning for me, too. :)

Lauren


5 comments:

  1. Wow. That's beautiful. It's the little things that can make such a difference. School is crazy busy at the moment, and I was a bit short with a few of my kids today. I'm going to make a massive effort tomorrow to give them that time, and make them feel important. I love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing that quote. I plan to hang it in our Teacher Workroom-a good reminder for all of us. I am your newest follower (on Bloglovin). I found you through the Teacher Tip Thursday. I am excited to see your new blog design. I agree that it is hard to let somethings go and move on to new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quote. I have to remind myself of this often. I tend to get very negative sometimes and I have to bring myself back to reality.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quote! I had not heard it before. It is perfect for when I am feeling frustrated during staff meetings...lol...and when a little sweetie is trying my patience! Thanks for sharing. Look forward to seeing your new design.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by!